View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 12:39 AM   #1184
SkinnyG

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

I am confident enough that I have the in-cab wiring done, that I wrapped the wiring.

A while back I bought one of these trinkets - freaking awesome for troubleshooting, but ALSO for initial testing of circuits:

My truck came with a later 2-speed wiper/washer switch in the glovebox. I still have the 1-speed motor, but chucked the single-speed knob in the lathe and drilled a 3/16" hole through the center, and I machined a wee 3/16" "button" with a 1/4" shoulder, back drilled to fit the switch pin. Now I have a washer button!

The wipers do work - do they always operate a little "disconnected" from each other? I mean, they do their thing, I was just hoping for more symmetry.

I installed pin-switches for the courtesy lights (and alarm). That was tricky fishing the wire out through the hole. Works, anyway.

Also added a toggle switch for the air ride compressors. I mounted the switch inside the "ashtray" which I altered to house the air ride pressure gauges.

Ran alternator power and fuse panel power lines. Also bought a wack of 1ga wire to go to the battery, now that I've decided where to mount it.

Now I need it back in the air to run the wires underneath.

So much work; so much to do.
Lotus Super 7 Replica: Scratch-built street-legal rollerskate

Last edited by SkinnyG; 07-26-2023 at 01:00 AM.
SkinnyG is offline   Reply With Quote