View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 05:21 PM   #165
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

Installed windlace on both doors. I was wondering what the hole at each end of the dash was for. Now I know it’s to get at this one windlace retainer screw. The rear glass went in easy. The hood was up a little. I loosened the two bolts under the dash on both sides, loosened the one hinge bolt on the outside a little, and used a hammer and chisel to knock the hinge down on each side. Good results. Rain was forecasted so I had to get the fenders and grill under cover. I mounted the right fender, it will need to be moved up a bit. In anticipation of assembling the doors, I painted the window hardware. The window rollers include a rivet, so I ordered a rivet tool. While I wait for that to arrive I proceeded with the driver side key lock. I compared both latches and hogged out a copy of the key mechanism. I’m still figuring out how to make that work.
Awhile ago I was looking into the card panels in the cargo area. I had located two automotive upholstery shops that said they could get me some cowl board, they even had some with the Rhino texture, like the original. Now neither one of them is playing nice, but one did suggest I get it from Keyston Brothers. They are a local distributor and were happy to supply me with some cowl board. It does not have the texture, so I decided to get some Grey Tolex from a guitar amp supply house. I’ll glue the tolex to the cowl board and with a sound deadening material the cargo area should look and sound good.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote