View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 12:57 PM   #3
Joyridin

Re: Flaming River steering column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdip View Post
I originally put a FR Column in my 49 Chevy pickup and had nothing but trouble with it as it seemed to just rattle loose in the tilt mechanism area. I sent it in for repair to FR and with labor and shipping both ways could have almost bought a new column. Not to mention it was still loose when I got it back!

I called FR to complain, and their answer was to ship it back and they will assess it for repair....Huh??? You just had it for repair!

Needless to say I wrote FR off and moved on to one I got off eBay and have been trouble free since.
Ok.. sounds like mine. When it was brand new, I plugged in the wring and subsequently melted the main power feed wire. They had put the turn signal switch screw through the wiring harness. I called to get a new harness. I would put it in. They basically accused me of hooking the pre-wired harness in wrong.

Note the are 5 miles from my house. They are a customer of ours and use the product we sell to manufacture the columns. I bought from them simply because they buy from us. Boy, did I screw up!
Joyridin is online now   Reply With Quote