View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 10:10 PM   #323
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
I have been working on the truck as time allows, which isn't much lately. It is amazing how many things have come up to cause delays on it. Went to the salvage yard a while back and picked up some parts. Got the 2016 Honda Civic door seals and installed them. they fit like a glove and the doors close like a new truck....

Made a pattern of the rear axle shock brackets that are on the Blue '72 Dually, and have them drawn out on a piece of rectangular tubing, ready to cut them out and weld them on the project truck. I need to get that done so I can set the bed back on it.

I worked on the transmission cooler lines the last couple of days. I am cutting up some stock 2001 lines to make the custom ones I need. I am using 2001 5/8" lines and the fittings in the 2003 Allison 1000 transmission are the wrong size for them. I had to order adapters that replace the stock fittings in the transmission to the tune of $71.40 for 2 fittings. (picture and part numbers below) I have the lines ready to take to my local NAPA to have the flex hoses installed on them. I need 16" added on the left one and 19" added on the right one. That will finish up the transmission cooler lines and cooler.

I need to make up a positive battery cable tomorrow and see if the engine will crank over, after I get the cooler lines installed.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote