Thread: My 72 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 11:56 PM   #88
tucktuck

Re: My 72 Build

Wow, it been a minute since I've been on here.

Well, I got frustrated with the bed issues I was having with the truck, so it sat for awhile. At the same time business quadrupled, and I was busier than ever with work.

I'd heard of a shop from a buddy of mine that he swore by, so I dropped in and checked them out. Talked with the owners son and he gave me a tour and explained how they work. It's basically, they will solely work on your car, but its going to cost you...a lot. Or, they work on it along with several others in between those high paying cars and bill you monthly (detailed with pictures). They had some one off cars in there that look amazing. Literally had an original Shelby Cobra in there that they were finishing up, along with a 1 of 2 69 Camaro.

I filled the forms out and they picked it up a week later.

Figured out quickly what the bed issue was...whoever cut this truck down got the passenger side perfect, but on the drivers side they missed the mark by 1/8th of an inch. So, they pulled everything apart, back down to the frame and re-cut and re-welded the drivers side, so now the cab and bed sit perfect.

Since it was there and I was busy, I just told them to go ahead and do the metal work and paint. It's still a ways out on paint, but they are making progress.

I decided, after reading one of y'alls threads, to switch up the tailgate a little, so this was a stolen idea...
Attached Images

Last edited by tucktuck; 08-16-2023 at 12:12 AM.
tucktuck is offline   Reply With Quote