View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 08:58 PM   #15
Blue/72

Re: 52 slammed project with my boys

Hey guys, Scott’s boys Wyatt and Jake here. Guess it’s finally time for an update!! My dad and I work full time, and with Jake finishing just finishing up College at University of Oregon we have been slow going, but it’s starting to come back together. Before the truck was blown apart Jake specked out the biggest wheel/tire combo we could fit with no modification to front or rear fenders, what came out was a 20x8 up front and 20x9 out back with 245/40/20 skinny white walls. The truck was fully disassembled and after smoothing the frame a bit it was sent for powder. Once the frame was back a new 383 stroker was dropped in with a refreshed 700R4, holly sniper, smoothed ramhorn manifolds, and a CVF racing front drive. The stock s10 diff was kept as it was all prepped for the 4 link and bag perches, and had 3:73 Posi already. A custom fuel tank was built by Ricks Tanks, and we picked up an Accuair e-Level kit to manage the ride. Jake and I then set off building all the fuel lines, air lines and brake lines by hand, man what a challenge bending line by hand was.. All the lines and wiring run down the frame and through the rear notch to keep everything hidden, we are super happy with how it came out. Still some odds and ends to the frame (driveline, battery box and lots of wiring). Next up will be to smooth the firewall in preparation for new satin paint, vintage air and powder coated inner fenders. A good friend of ours owns a local hot rod shop and invited us to bring the cab over if we helped with the welding, metal and body work, and we are stoked to learn!once the cab is back we will move to the interior, and hopefully get this thing looking like a complete truck again! More pics to come, enjoy!
Attached Images

•1972 Cheyenne Super. Sold
Blue/72 is online now   Reply With Quote