View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 09:41 AM   #312
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Update.... There was an issue w/the fuel delivery.

The 'new' line that the parts guy got me was not FI rated hose. These TBI set-ups aren't pressurized enough to require the higher rate FI hose but the FI rated hose resists kinking much better. I questioned him @ the counter & he assured me it was FI rated (it felt too 'pliable' to me & I recalled the FI hose had a green stripe on it as the visual indicator). I took his word & assumed I was wrong.

Turns out I was correct. The line had pinched off & was limiting flow. I purchased more line & this time I went back w/the counter guy to look for the stuff myself. Sure enough, the FI rated hose has the ID info printed in green (hence the green stripe I recalled). Swapped new FI rated 3/8" supply + 5/16" return hoses into place. This time I got them longer to allow the lines to loop 360° for an easier bend & allow installing them w/the tank on the ground/truck on jack stands.

Getting these tanks into place solo when they have gas in them is a challenge. It took a few choice words, but I got it done. But.... Now I get to repair damage done to the steering column when it died & I had to jockey that 5500# chunk-o-steel into a parking space in the lot.

So, it sits yet again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote