View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #4
dmarty

Re: Back Again After A Few Years

Yes, it's a short bed 115" WB, 402 big block, Sierra Grande. I repainted it in 1981. Worked in a body shop at the time and painted it with Dupont Imron. It has some rust issues, but I drove it through 17 Wisconsin winters so not surprising. It has 138k original miles. SPID below. Interesting that it lists Cheyenne Super Equip when it's a Sierra Grande. The Cragar SS wheels were on it when I bought it. The topper is an Ary-Way Campers fiberglass model that I purchased in 1973 shortly after purchasing the truck. The roof rack is from a Ford LTD wagon that I shortened to fit back in the day. The seat is original. From day one, it was covered with clear plastic seat covers that were hot and sticky in summer and cold in winter. Guys said that all I was doing was saving the seats for the next owner and I should just enjoy them. Well, I'm that "next owner" and now I'm finally getting to enjoy them :-) I've spent the last 6 months cleaning everything, going through the mechanicals and changing fluids to get it back on the road. Thanks for asking!
Attached Images

99 Silverado 1500 LT with 315K miles
(RIP)

2012 GMC Sierra SLT
dmarty is offline   Reply With Quote