View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #14
connorm

Re: Ol' Green '70 GMC C2500 Father/Son

I've been trying to update this thread for awhile but I was having troubles with my account. Anyways, I am davem815's son and have continued working on the truck and driving it.

I will update with the pictures and info that I have and try to bring the thread up to date. For now I will attach these two pictures from the weekend.

I volunteer at the National Auto and Truck Museum and the Early Ford V8 Foundation museums in Auburn Indiana and I was going to drive a 1948 Ford to a show back home. I go to college and wanted to make it to show about an hour away. I left with my girlfriend at 7 AM. Anyway the car was running really rough and was down on power so I decided to turn around and get it back. It made it within a mile and died and wasn't going to make it any further. So I left the car on the side of the road and ran back and got the GMC to pull it home. I grabbed a ratchet strap and a lifting strap to get it back.

After we towed the 48 off the side of the road we hit the road in the GMC. I filled up the truck right before we left and after 160 miles at 60-75 it used 5/8 of a tank. Not the greatest but it handled the highway a lot better than I expected and there were no hang ups on the entire trip. Not too bad for the back up plan.
Attached Images

connorm is offline   Reply With Quote