View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 09:27 AM   #15
connorm

Re: Ol' Green '70 GMC C2500 Father/Son

I've been going through and looking for pictures but I don't have some of the early ones, I'll have to talk to my dad about those.

The mirrors that were in the last post got cleaned up and put on the truck. They're getting to the point where they need touched up. The farm bumper on the rear also got cleaned up but needs to be touched up, I actually took it off to do that but broke the bolts going into the bumper so I need to drill those out and tap them to get it back. But I'm getting ahead of my self there.

The front bumper is a better chrome bumper, don't look too close or you'll see its a Chevy that doesn't have the cut outs for the turn signals. The grille is a better one, if you look close you'll see that it's painted, it is actually a '69-'70 grille that someone painted, not a '71-'72 factory painted grille. The eye brows have been changed out a couple of times and I have better ones to put one but I have come to HATE that job. I don't know why it just drives me crazy. We also picked up the chrome GM front bumper guards and threw those on too.

Now to get to some mechanical, the brakes went out and davem815 redid all the brake lines on the truck. Those are the pictures that I couldn't find but I'll talk to my dad to see if he has any. It took way too long to bleed because we kept running it dry, I blame him and he blames me. I'm sure you're all familiar with that story.

We also picked up a seat for it, put a dash cover on it, I put a tach in, I cleaned the gas tank in, we had issues with it because we burned a fusible link up at the starter, cleaned up wires and checked all the lights. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff and most of this is just little stuff to make it a better driver.

Anyway I'll shut up and let you look at the pictures. I'll make a write up on the GMT800 rim swap, the '71-'72 crossmember swap and anything else I remember.
Attached Images