Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #304
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Dude View Post
Please don't take my comments as negative. I am a retired Autobody Instructor. It's sometimes hard to take that hat off...

Frame flex is easy enough to test. Once you have your runningboards where you want them, leave the bolts out and put a floor jack under the front right and rear left wheel. Jack each opposing corner 4" off the ground and check for movement at the gaps.
I take no offense at the suggestion or concerns. I've been in the trade as well my entire career and this definitely isn't my first rodeo. I'm not one to throw around my resume, but suffice it to say I'm confident I've got this covered. I'm not a hobbyist even though this is being done at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Aha, now you opened that door of "who knows what to do with this " auto body questionnaire. Haha.
I was thinking about the interference during frame flex as well but thought, looking at the other builds, it is already thought out. Prolly not cruising the hay field anymore but some roads and speed bumps are sorta like that. Lol.
Like I've said before. If this were just a stock frame I would certainly be concerned with the tight gaps. But this chassis is now as stout as can be. But I do appreciate everyones concerns and take them under advisement.
1987 R10, Ethel
Copper Hill Rod & Custom
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829856
gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote