View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 04:25 PM   #167
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

The driver side key lock works, I made several versions to finally get to something that works consistently.
I mounted the rear lights, somehow I forgot to paint the door mounted rear light.
After paint I attempted to attach the side cowl door and found it wasn’t closing all the way. I removed the bracket. With the vent door in the closed position, I measured door to hinge at 55°. A simple template helped position the bracket. The original attachment was a weak design. I put Two long bolts through inner and outer cowl. The cowl vent door works good now.
Installed the outer garnish molding on both front doors. On the passenger side I installed the rear window channel and the felt channel. I attached the inner window molding with new cat whiskers to make sure the channel was positioned correctly. I tried to drill through the channel to attach with screws, but kept loosing the hole in that black fuzz. Finally I placed a piece of tape in the channel and drilled through that so I could see where the hole was. The surface of the window opening beneath the felt channel is mostly flat, but angles away toward the inside. The drillbit kept hitting that angled part deflecting instead of cutting. After awhile I removed the inner molding to discover the issue. I biased the drillbit towards the outside and achieved success.
I wrangled the glass into the door for awhile. Also the spring on the regulator broke while wrestling with it. Turns out there is no replacement for that spring. O-A fixed it and I read about how to get it back on. It was not difficult to install the regulator spring with the right set-up. I did everything wrong getting the window and regulator in the door before figuring out the right way. Install the glass first, next the regulator, then put the roller channel on the rollers, last attach the roller channel to the glass. The driver side went smoother, but it was still a struggle.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote