View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 08:11 AM   #4
msr18

Re: Low fuel pressure when starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by biketopia View Post
What ECU are you running, what injectors, and what base fuel pressure is the tune set up to run at? 59psi is plenty for that to run on. The factory pump and regulator set up has an anti drain back valve to keep the engine mostly primed when it's off. I also had a 340 and I don't believe it did. I was running a Holley ECU so I was also able to set how long I wanted the pump to prime for. Always let it do it's prime and then crank. Don't just hop in and crank it right away.

Stock ecu, injectors, and startup tune. I let the fuel pump complete it’s prime before attempting to start. It idles and runs beautifully after starting, no drop in pressure. For the time being, I have installed a check at the rail and it seems to help but not the fix I was looking for. Digging a little deeper it looks like pump isn’t recommended for pulse width modulation. Is a different pump the better route to take? I honestly ordered under assumption since it was the pump available through Boyd when purchasing the tank.

Last edited by msr18; 09-02-2023 at 08:16 AM.
msr18 is offline   Reply With Quote