View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #331
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
Well, I think things are finally going my way.

I lost reverse gear while I was checking everything out the other day and it started shifting hard from neutral to drive. A P700 code came up on the scanner but that is a generic code that turns on the check engine light and refers you to check the codes set in the TCM (Transmission Control Module). After reading up on the code and probable causes for an hour or so, I decided to unplug all of the connectors to the TCM and transmission and check for any pins that might have backed out of the connector, might be bent, or other signs of a bad connection. The two connectors that plug into the NSBU (Neutral Start Backup switch on the outside of the transmission are glued in place and the sockets where they plug in have to be heated with a heat gun before you can unplug them, or plug them back in. All of the pins on the connectors looked good so I connected them all back up. Luckily I checked the main wire loom connector on the back of the transmission and found that it wasn't locked into the socket. I pushed the connector in until it locked and when I started the truck up everything worked as it should. Oh Happy Day!!!

I drove it around the yard so maybe when we get back this evening I will have the wife take a video of me driving it and post it on YouTube. I still have to weld the rear shock brackets on the rear axle housing and get the exhaust work done before I put the bed back on it.....

Here is a picture of the dirty pig. It has been sitting under the peach tree and the birds have been pooping on it. We haven't had any rain to wash it off so I guess I will have to wash it tonight...

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote