View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #74
jrusher

Re: 1966 custom cab short

Made a couple changes on the 66 over the summer. Found I was down compression on two cylinders so figured I’d just yank it as I have to swap t5 transmissions out. I bought the 283 used and didn’t tear it right down before installing it, anyways found a valve seat popped out of place and a bent valve . I came across a nice 327 for a good deal so figured I’d throw the 327 in place and keep the 283 on the sidelines . Well ended up going right through the 327 as I didn’t want any suprizes. Pistons were in decent condition same with cylinder bores so I just gave it a good hone and new rings and bearings throughout. The thing was a L79 old school spec build pretty much , 10.5:1 compression, trw pop up pistons , 462 big valve heads , big cam, roller rockers and rotating assembly had been previously balanced. I put a smaller comp cam 262h cam and lifters in and had my 461 heads recently all rebuilt from the original 283. I'll get the big valve 462 heads rebuilt as I found a L79 short block while looking for other parts and build it up later for another project.
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; 09-08-2023 at 05:03 PM.
jrusher is offline   Reply With Quote