View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 02:51 PM   #355
VWNate1

Post Led bulbs

Thanx for the link .

I hope all here will read this and give the LED's a try .

I too got some really crappy ones from Amazon, I always give feedback and woe betide the vendor who sells bulbs that fail in lees than 5 + years .

Some failed within two weeks, I discovered the first pair of 6 volt LED headlight bulbs had NO WAY TO RETURN THEM / CONTACT VENDOR so read the advert carefully .

I don't recall the brand name I now look for but nary a one of theirs has failed yet .

My VW's speedometer bulbs are really tiny so I've been waiting a few years before buying any, they're inbound now, I can hardly wait .

You're very right about the safety (lack of any) aspect of our beloved old trucks and cars .

Adavnce Design GM trucks made before 1951 had "HUCK" (rhymes with SUCK) brakes that were designed in 1937 for the two door coupe that wasn't expected to exceed 45 MPH often .

They're a joke on any commercial vehicle, I kept them o my '49 3100 but I also knew / know how to 'fan' them so they didn't overheat and fade away and when I was coming out of Death Valley fully loaded I stayed in second gear and before the brakes failed I pulled over and parked sideways to the hill so I didn't need to use the park brake, once they were cooled off , off we went again, my Sweet never even knew why I'd stopped .

Sadly folks today don't want to learn to respect the vehicle's design parameters .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote