View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 03:42 PM   #1018
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Back on the box, I sanded the damaged areas with 80 grit then cleaned everything good before applying fiberglass resin and cloth. There were a couple of tabs that had some cracks so I V-ed them out in preparation for repair.

I used a cheap Evercoat kit from the local hardware store. I coated the areas with a good amount of resin trying to get it down into the cracks before laying the cloth over the surface.

The hole in the second photo is kind of odd. When I was scraping the remains of the rodent nest out the putty knife just pushed though the fiberglass like it was wet cardboard. My theory is that the urine from the rodent somehow dissolved the fiberglass. Has anyone else run across this phenomenon?

Anyway a bit of grinding with the Dremel removed the sketchy fiberglass and after putting some masking tape on the outside I was ready to make a mess. It's been a lot of years since I did any fiberglass work and I'm sure I didn't magically become neat and tidy with it. That is the reason there are no photos of the laying of the fiberglass.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote