View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 02:54 AM   #11
Richard

Re: Explaining High Beam Circuit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
Not debating or disagreeing, but simply seeking information. If the lights are plug and play, why is all that other paraphernalia need to make it work?? Enlighten me, I'm intrigued by any headlight system that costs $300..
Every led needs a driver, it can be built into or on the back of the bulb or separate. Some higher output led's have a fan, are pretty large and hard to fit. Obviously if on the bulb it has to be more compact for some fitments. All hid bulbs need a ballast, it is separate. All the OEM vehicles I have had with hid or zenon headlights have one. Many of the Dapper headlights are projectors which are used by OEMS and offered as upgrades on the vehicles costing as much as $1k. Operation is simple as you said, bulb is iluminated in high and low. A "shield" as you called it changes the light pattern. The switching is provided in the harness. Big difference in night vision with a quality projector versus a standard type headlight. Guessing you have never used a car with them?
Edit- you mentioned cost. Another thing adding to that is the glass lenses that will not yellow in a couple of years reducing vision and looking like C**P like the plastic ones.

Last edited by Richard; 09-22-2023 at 03:40 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote