View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 01:28 PM   #2071
D.B

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
very good question:

Temp is coolant temp just like in a regular vehicle, a lot of the EV components are liquid cooled, so this truck still has a radiator and a cooling loop that goes from the liquid cooled battery charger to the liquid cooled inverter to the liquid cooled motors inside the transmission. The coolant is circulated using a Tesla electric water pump.

Oil is what we are using to monitor the transmission fluid that circulates through the automatic transmission and the oil cooler which is integrated into the stock GM radiator just like with a TH350 transmission.

Fuel is actually showing us remaining battery capacity at the moment simply based on remaining voltage level. Since the gauge is only a two digit unit we are doing a little trick and simply subtracting 300 volts from the total and just displaying the remaining voltage which ends up almost perfectly coinciding with 0-100 percent charge as the full charge of this battery pack is 398 volts, so it works out great.

Thanks for explaining it. I get the fuel gauge showing 59 percent. But the temp showing 23 degrees and the oil showing 35 psi. Those readings baffle me. Why so low?
D.B is offline   Reply With Quote