View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 08:09 PM   #13
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: My Parking Brake Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
LMC sent me a repop cable that's 83 inches long. Does that seem too long for a very short chassis like a K/5
Are you able to measure the approximate length of the fwd parking brake cable being replaced? That 83" length sounds about right for a 69-72 K/4wd model, I just measured an OE used 72 K/5 blazer fwd parking brake cable setup that we have on hand at 84" long from clevis/ball end to the tip of threaded end. The K/4wd cable is about a foot longer than a C/2wd cable due the upper frame rail cable mounting location being farther back under the cab/floor pan on the K/4wd's, the C/2wd fwd park brake cable comes thru the firewall around the inner fender and clips into the LH frame rail forward of the cab/floor area. Hope this info helps you or others reading in the future. Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cstblazer View Post
I want to say the K/5 cable is like 73 1/8" inches long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36442115065...Bk9SR-ybzuLgYg
^ ^ ^ 1970CST, that 73" length will be to short and your above ebay linked fwd parking brake cable is for C/2wd models and is not the correct part for K/4wd's, the C/2wd style cables are to short to clip into the LH/drivers side upper frame rail mounted bracket found on the K/4wd models (see 3rd/4th pics of K only frame bracket still clipped on the below K/4wd park brake cable setup). '68OrangeSunshine listed his vehicle application as " 1971 GMC K/1500 Jimmy. 350/SM465/NP205" in the top post of thread, just wanted to offer the info/help before he clicks the buy it now on that ebay listing. Mel
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote