View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 05:57 PM   #5
old51sedan

Re: Brake Light Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I had a similar issue where both turn signals worked, but neither of the brake lights worked. I was getting 12V from the brake switch to the turn signal switch connector. Turned out that the contacts in the turn signal switch were varnished with old grease. A little cleaning of the contacts solved the problem.
I had a similar problem this week, I was having a problem with both my rear lights flashing with the left turn signal. I installed a new ground wire and thought I had it solved. a few days later my neighbor was over and we were going to back the truck out to work on it, when I got in it I touched the brake pedal and the left front parking light came on and also the turn light on the dash. He asked it I had turned the parking light on because only one came on. I stated that I thought I had that fixed, him being a mechanic all his life said it's your turn signal switch. I said no can't be it's all new inside, he said where's your old column. He put that on the floor of the truck, unplugged the new one and plugged in the old one and problem solved. I never would have believed it.
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote