View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 09:08 AM   #20
Stepside Jim

Re: inner fender splash guards after Mustang 2 installation

Now I come with a different mindset when I have something like these splash covers.

I look forward to this type of work, I start thinking about the material, the shape, does it need to be removeable, what tools do I need, does it need to be a certain shape to fit the rest of the inner fender design. My goal is to use this as a way to enlarge my abilities of my craftmanship.

I'm also one that if I'm making something like this cover, and it's not turning out as I like, it's a small piece of metal, I start all over, it's not a waste, it's learning, it's cheaper than going to college.

Ok, anyway, this spring I had to make some covers, coincidentally this topic is going, so here's some I made this past spring. it's a 56 Ford, they had a terrible design with how they made a large outgoing bulge in the inner fender. I had to first make metal to bring my cover location back over the upper control arm mounts. Then the owner was always commenting on how he liked the NL logo on the shock mounts. I knew the front end alignment would require space for adjustment and the inner fenders were made with rounded curves. Mine are rounded, easily removeable, shows the NL logo, all is good.

I'm having issues getting the pics posted, Ill get them on shortly...I keep getting some security token missing post thingy , hence blocking my picture download.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stepside Jim; 10-23-2023 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Down load pics
Stepside Jim is offline   Reply With Quote