View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 02:59 PM   #173
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I re-modified the parking lights for dual filament, painted the housings and installed/wired up.
Connected the headlight wiring harness to the wires at the firewall. Next is to wire up under dash, the headlight switch, turn signal switch, and brake light switch. I’m cleaning up the original headlight switch, it should work. I modified a wiring diagram to incorporate the original light switch into the donor circuit to help me understand what needs to get connected.

Time to mount the seatbelts. I cut an access hole in a panel for the shoulder harness. The seatbelt kit included some 3” washers so I glued a nut and lockwasher to that and with that taped to a wrench I was able to place it inside the panel. For the retractor I drilled a hole and removed an access plate to feed the hardware into the panel. I ran a fish tape from the hole to the access, pulled a string through. Placed the washer with nut onto the string and tied a screw to pull the washer. Held the washer in place with magnets, removed the string and screwed on the retractor. This was a one-shot process, get it right the first try. I succeeded.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote