View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 07:51 PM   #15
3757chevy

Re: Windshield washer pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Actually, this is the route I started to take. Once I spent the time mounting a pump on it and was getting it back under the dash I started to think: "it will suck when this pump dies" and pivoted to a cheap tank/pump off Amazon. After a few months I ended up disliking it has it kept popping off its cheap little mount. So 3rd version was to get a pump off eBay (don't recall its brand) and fitted to the tank that came with the truck. I been happy ever since this last "version".

Pretty sure I spent way to much time and money on this LOL.
I tried that but it leaked out of the hole/grommet [I probably drilled the hole too big]. So I got another tank and went with the inline version, I like the idea of the stock filter on the pickup as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalC20LWB View Post
Same mod here, works great and you don't have to access the pump/motor up under the dash in the future if there is a problem. PITA to get up in there, especially with AC.
I made a bracket behind the tank hiding the pump under the fender to keep the stock look to under the hood. Even got creative and ran the wires to the stock plugin through a piece of vacuum tubing to hide them.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote