View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #16
tim_mc

Re: Windshield washer pump

Good info! The aftermarket pump shown by 3757Chevy is like the one I had mounted to my wiper motor when I rebuilt my '67. I checked for 12V at the washer pump connector which is good, so I removed the pump and sure enough it's dead. I pulled the hoses out of the cab and found some rubber plugs to put into the firewall grommet for now. I save plastic caps and rubber bumpers just for projects like this. I'm still sold on the S10 tank, pump and connector as the original jug is loose in its bracket and needs a couple of cable ties to keep it snug.

As others have done, the plan is to wire in two 18ga. male blade connectors, use the OEM washer pump electrical connector and fish the wiring with the hose through the left fender. I might also add a check valve to keep the washer fluid from draining out of the lines. For less than $40, it will be a fun, easy project, clean up the engine bay a bit and provide easier access if/when the pump dies.