View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 02:21 PM   #31
leegreen

Re: Modify 1960 Chevy front guards for 55-59 bumpers

your just letting your personal tastes shade your own definition of customizing (and maybe trying to fan the flames in this thread??)

there are HAMB threads about old 1950s car parts catalogues where you can find all kinds of bolt and stick on stuff to personalize (customize) your car or truck. I bet a lot of those frugal farmers of which you speak had a well thumbed jcwitney catalogue where they dreamed of some flashy new antenna, headlight trim or decals to dress up their truck. That is why so many 'barn finds' these days have things like hacked up dashes for spotlights, rusty chrome 'west coast' mirrors, holes in the fenders for big ol mud flaps

Would you walk up to a youngster in your 'hood and tell him that painting his grill black and sticking carbon fiber wrap on his mirrors was not 'customizing' his car? I'm guessing if you didn't have anything nice to say you'd say nothing, we all would.

I was looking at bumper guards on an old rover saloon at the pickapart just this weekend considering what they would look like cut (customized) to fit an AD bumper and painted black.
Extensively modified cabs is not the only definition of customized.
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote