View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 01:06 AM   #233
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Just be careful and don't wind up in one of those corn fields
Funny, someone did just that the other night in the field near my house. An F150 resting on its top. I'm taking it pretty easy. Just cruising and enjoying it as much as I can before the weather forces me to park it. So far the only issue was a coolant leak from a fitting that has an o-ring and really shouldn't have leaked. I pulled it and it seemed OK, put it back on and it didn't leak. Weird. Probably will regear it though. 90 mph at 2500 rpm. Driving at 60 in 5th is well below 2000, it's hard to keep the speed down.

Driving on windy days isn't great. I don't know if having the doors on would help but probably wouldn't be worse. A cross wind almost blew my glasses off my face! It was blowing like 30 mph. I have over 200 miles on it so far. That doesn't sound like much but it's a lot of short trips. It's fun. Seriously fun. I don't miss my motorcycles at all.

I could drive it like this forever, unpainted, unfinished, don't care, it's awesome.

I could, but I won't. It's going to look great finished up. I'm looking forward to it. Not the sanding, I hate sanding.
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 11-14-2023 at 01:40 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote