View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Talking My Journey from a Cheyenne To Super!

I been slowly upgrading my 72 Cheyenne to a Super. Yesterday I completed this after pulling my fenders to install the missing Hinge Pillar to Fender Seals and getting Repo'ed Super badges installed. When I finally decided to pull the fenders for the seals, this is when I decided going the "Super" upgrade. Since if I was going to pull the fenders, why not put the Super badge on too?

Before pulling the fenders I upgraded my dash with Wood Grain cluster (a repo) and glovebox with woodgrain and 72 Super Badge (donor from eBay). I had already put on a chrome handle when I needed to replace my tailgate. It isn't a chrome cover, which would be correct for a '72 but a full chrome handle (correct for '71). I got a new SPID, so it would be RPO YE9 for Cheyenne Super.

I am very happy to have this done. I hope you guys think I did okay with my upgrade :-)

Some reference threads:
Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!
Jeff Lampe Chevy Truck SPID Labels - Classic Chevy Trucks
Rebuilding / Installing Hinge Pillar to Fender Seal*
Fender Removal
cheyenne-10 & super emblem location

*Note: Cheyenne (and other higher end trims) should have the seals that I needed to install. However, when my truck went through its restore about 20 years ago they were not put back on after the body/paint work (all the screw holes were present). It can also be a sign that a truck has been updated to a higher trim then how it came from the factory. Meaning if a truck doesn't have the "Hinge Pillar to Fender Seals" you could get questions about your trim level being faked.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 12-02-2023 at 03:53 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote