View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 03:29 PM   #4
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Door seals problem?

I installed Precision with snap-on clips, and had to close the doors WELL to get them to latch right. For a while, that improved over time, which is common. If you have access to hot sun, leave the truck out a while, you'll see improvement.

My RH door soon came to a nice spot, but the LH just wouldn't close right over time. I adjusted the striker and added some white lithium just yesterday, and presto....finally, nice.

You need to check and tighten your door hinges now, and as needed until that door settles. Not a bad idea to check them on occasion anyway. I recommend a Snap On 9/16" S 9607 door hinge wrench for the pillars. $100 investment, but gets the job done easy and right too.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote