View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 10:03 AM   #47
LT7A

Re: 1953 chevy 1100 gigis truck

This is a very interesting build. You are getting great help on your process from other fellas here and your own competence shows in what you've done so far. It's none of my business but given the story of the truck, I wonder how your grandpa is doing. I hope the gentleman is past the rough patch you mentioned. One approach is to build it as simply as you can and get it on the road to take your grandpa for a drive. I find it amazing that he parked it on the request of a 4/5 year old. I think you're lucky to have a grandpa like that. I'm not saying to cut a bunch of corners. But I've realized that my own projects need to go through "phases". That it helps to have an initial goal. Once I'm there I can reassess and refine my plan based on time/money/etc. I've also made it ok to not get every last thing done "while I'm in there", that it's ok to come back at a later time, even if I have to take something apart again. Sorry about the philosophizing if that's not your thing. But the story kinda says that driving with grandpa may be the primary goal. And then other priorities/parts of the project can flourish that give you a chance for another ride with Gigi after each improvement. None of my business really but you kinda got us roped in with the back story ; ) Gonna be a very cool ride. LT
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote