View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 04:01 PM   #400
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General23cmp View Post
I’m restoring a 67, and am curious if your lower cab corner lip was spot welded to the inner rocker/floor in line and similar to how the outer rocker is? My factory assembly manual says three spots go there, but my truck had none. Also, when I try to pull the cab corner and inner rocker to meet there, it doesn’t appear like they would want to be joined there (the floor flange is almost too short and you’d have to pull the two very hard to meet. I know later trucks have them welded there.
I remember mine having spot welds, albeit weak ones. The inner rocker where it was welded to the cab corner was very high comparatively, and it was pinched together pretty hard from the factory, very deep dents from the spot welder machine. My 67 is a later production though I must say, I think like 33,000th or so production number. These trucks are kind of haphazard sometimes, may have been a Friday-at-4:30 truck.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote