View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 02:57 PM   #9
MikeB

Re: Looking for NOS ignition switch and wire connector

I've used at least four switches that came with wiring harness kits. I don't know where they were made, but I've never had a problem with any of them. In fact, the switches in some of the American Autowire kits can handle more current than OEM, for example their 55-57 Chevy kit. Just finished up installing an AAW harness on my 69, and the included switch seemed just fine to me. Very stout feeling when switched through various positions.

Just looked for one in the AC Delco catalog, but they don't show it. Strange because that switch was probably used in most GM cars and trucks back then.

From what I see that's available, I would probably go with Standard Motor Products US84 (not the cheaper US84T).
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=4700&jsn=1240
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote