View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 05:38 PM   #1165
Tip70

Re: 67 GMC super custom build

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
It is one of the harder mods I have done to make look stock because I couldn't use gm stuff. Just for reference I used a combination of 3 different mirrors to make this work. A passenger and driver aftermarket 1964 chrysler imperial mirrors (driver was the only one with remote) mostly for the new chrome housings. The passenger was a nos mid 1970's chrysler mirror from a new yorker. I needed it because I could not find an aftermarket mirror with longer cables and a slim remote for under dash. With a few modifications to the parts this is what I came up with. I was worried I was doing this for nothing but it turned out great. Definitely worth it and looks stock. Definitely could not have done this without chrysler parts though. Gm stuff was just made to vehicle specific which in other parts was totally opposite.
thanks for breaking it down I was looking at past posts to see what mirrors you got and was realizing it was a process to get where you are now. Nice work! glad you stuck it out, because it goes great and does look stock
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=847860

IG- Tip70
Tip70 is offline   Reply With Quote