Thread: 55.2-59 Power windows
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 12:49 AM   #3
NWA58

Re: Power windows

I had plans to tackle this myself once back home but the paint shop needed to check the door guts before adding color. Good thing, because the NuRelics kit had major issues. Turns out their kit does not work well with aftermarket doors, which mine are, and I have Altman latches also. So we ordered Specialty Power Windows and they worked great. I intentionally stayed away from the Brother’s kit after hearing about all of their issues with fit, wind, noise, rattles, poor rubber and channel fit, etc. SPW included a glass template that was very different from the full glass kit I had already bought from Auto City. An experienced hand at the shop made wood windows for trial operation and then had custom glass cut to match what works. Unfortunately, I now have a set of window glass not being used.

To sum it up, few of these trucks fit together well without lots of massaging, especially at the doors. Using 1/4” wood for glass templates to fit your door and get it working before cutting glass is recommended. Remember, these doors were not designed for one-piece glass and the shape of the windows makes for a fine line between working and not.
NWA58 is offline   Reply With Quote