View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 07:21 PM   #208
68bowtie

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
The result? Hybrid-powered cars were involved in about 3,475 fires per every 100,000 sold. Gasoline-powered cars, about 1,530. Electric vehicles (EVs) saw just 25 fires per 100,000 sold.
We might have slightly different opinions on some things but ai like the way you think. I love looking at data and statistics like this to ground all the rumors and things you hear online. It’s good to keep an open mind…

That said, I do wonder if this these statistics factor in the age of the vehicles. EV’s are all pretty new. There’s a 100+ year history of ICE vehicles on the road. The longer any vehicle is around the more risk there will be of failures.

What would it look like if this evaluated just the cars Less than five years old? I’m willing to bet that once EV’s are getting to the 20 to 30 year old range it may be different.

I agree with your points about EV’s being more efficient and cheaper to drive. Apples to apples, new car vs new car (not car vs truck, and not considering resale value or battery replacement cost).

I see this like I see a lot of other things, I don’t care what you do, and I’d happily ride shotgun in your EV to grab beers haha… just don’t force me to buy one!

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD

Last edited by 68bowtie; 01-13-2024 at 07:36 PM.