View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 08:28 AM   #4837
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

The life of my '95 Chevy in three pictures

How I bought it off a used car lot. Emerald Green/Grey interior 6.5TD/5spd Cheyenne former masonry contractor truck in '98
Name:  DSCN0273.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  58.7 KB

How it ended up, minus the ladder rack and custom tonneau cover. GM color Fairway Green with upgraded GM cloth seat re-cover and a host of mods
Name:  95 K3500 Cheyenne.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  22.2 KB

It's sad ending. An accident had literally just been cleared from a sharp curve descending into the river valley/county line. I hit antifreeze and it was slick as ice. Only doing 40 in 4th gear but the tail end slide out, I steered into it as usual, and it whipped back to slide out the other way, putting me sliding sideways across the lanes. I did a reverse t-bone into a Taurus which flipped me up clear over the car landing on it's lid against the bank on the opposite side of the road. No sooner had I shut it down and undid my seat belt and I heard someone say "Watch your eyes", before breaking my window out. It was the county sheriff who had just turned around at the river coming back up after he left the prior accident. EMT Suburban was behind him. Just plain bad luck. The officer asked if I was ok as I crawled out and I said, "I'm pretty bummed out". This was Oct '04, about a month before I joined here
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote