Thread: 55.2-59 Accelerator/Throttle Pedal?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 09:44 PM   #14
mr48chev

Re: Accelerator/Throttle Pedal?

Personal comfort has a lot to do with how much and how far you drive any rig and I am not just talking push seats, a cup holder and tilt wheel and heat/ac.

Years ago I had a buddy who trailered his hot rod everywhere behind his pickup and I even saw him offer to let a guy drive it one time when the guy badgered him about trailering and not driving. Your foot was up on top of the transmission hump to work the gas pedal and you worked the brake with your left foot as there was no way to move your right foot easily. The body was channeled down to where there was about four inches hanging below the frame. Last I heard, he had sold the car and the guy who bought it was raising the body up several inches and building a new floor.

If the truck or hot rod is comfortable to drive you find reasons to drive it a lot more even if it is just to the supermarket for a few things. If it isn't comfortable you find excuses to leave it at home.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote