View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 07:47 PM   #130
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
any updates on the engine, engine stand, work in progress?
Name:  IMG_4723.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  74.6 KB

The engine is out and I've been cleaning it up a bit. I'm about ready to remove the valve train, pull the push rods and lifters out, so that I can pull the cam shaft to get to the front timing plate. I want to media blast the timing plate to clean it up before painting it with high temp engine paint. I thought about getting it powder coated, but don't think it would hold up with the engine heat.

In the meantime, I called my engine builder new friend and he managed to contact Covid while in the ER with his wife around the New Year. She is recovering slowly and given his age, so is he. When we spoke, he asked me to give him two weeks to get back on his feet. I'm going to check in on him this coming week.

I've also been using this time to re-do some of my original tasks (wiring harness and brake lines) since while removing the engine, I realized I may have over complicated a few things. So I'm cleaning those items up.

As it turns out Santa decided to deliver me a late Christmas present. He heard that I like Chevy's and decided maybe the 1953 truck needed a modern garage-mate. Funny thing about Santa, he still made me pay for the gift. LOL

Name:  IMG_4805.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  109.2 KB

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."

Last edited by TX3100Guy; 01-20-2024 at 07:55 PM.
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote