View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 10:40 AM   #209
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Thanks all! I have been kicking around ideas on where to go next with the truck. I even survived a strong urge to sell a few weeks ago when issues started arising with my other project, my 2004 VW R32. As much as I love the truck, the R is the most entertaining vehicle to drive that I've owned. It's currently at 208k miles and a slew of items needing attention have built up to the point where I had to stop driving it. My immediate bonehead idea was to just sell the truck and buy everything I need for the R (plus some upgrades), but ultimately I decided to be patient and take a year or so to work through the R methodically. This also forces me to pause extensive work on the truck while it is in a dependable and drivable state.

I've been trying to drive the truck several times per week, for the fun of it and to keep building confidence in all the work I've done. So far, it has not let me down. Many trips to work, landfill, etc. I've also hauled a 600 lb load of metal to the scrapyard and the truck handled it like a champ!

Before it got too cold here we also did a few landscaping projects around the house. I do have a Tacoma that would be useful for this as well, but it's so much more fun to put the GMC to work!

In parallel with everything I've been doing with my GMC, my friend was inspired to get his own truck. I helped him pick up a local '78 C10 that was all original and running, albeit very rough. It is now completely blown apart and he has some big plans for it. Here's a sneak peak at what he's thinking. Hopefully he starts a build thread for it because I think it's going to be quite the original build.

That's it for now. Back to the garage for the evening...

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote