View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 07:54 PM   #4547
pjmoreland

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
I was told by a friend my '71 Jimmy's RH Brake light was burned out.
It sure was. The dual filament 1157 bulb was totally black inside. No Tail light, or Turn Signals either. Also it fought me tooth-and-nail coming out. I had to unbolt the Taillight fixture, after twisting the burnt glass bulb out, take off the clipped-on pigtail, and punch out the brass collar. I put new 1157 long life bulbs in both taillights, and washed the inside dust off the red lenses. Works good now.
Also the Headlight Brights Dimmer Switch was burned out. Only Dim lights worked. Stomp again, and it went dark.
It was an O'Reilly part, and had a ''Lifetime Warranty.'' I had just replaced it in March '23. I cannibalised the old one out of my fallow-lying '67 K/10 Suburban. Dormant for ~25 years it works great. Meanwhile, I got a fresh replacement Dimmer Switch from ORAP under warranty. Not sure if I will put that switch on the Jimmy and keep the good Vintage part in the glovebox.
O'Reilly's Chinese repops don't last long.
I wonder if they think the "Lifetime Warranty" is an adequate substitute for good quality. I'm glad you got your lights sorted out.

I followed this thread and installed an electric fan in my truck. Pulled it out of a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I didn't realize how noisy that clutch fan actually was. My main motivation was to fix an RPM-based fan vibration. Here's a video of the electric fan running. I have it set to turn on at 205° and turn back off at 195°. It's being controlled by the Sniper.
Attached Images

Last edited by pjmoreland; 01-23-2024 at 08:06 PM.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote