View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 10:44 PM   #213
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Seems as though I can't leave well enough alone. I've never been completely satisfied with the wheel/tire combo I ended up with. The 235/75 tires that I bought were good for the stock suspension setup, but they just don't look right on the 15x8 wheel. It is too stretched and tall compared to the front tire. Most times it looks fine, but there are some angles where it looks very awkward. Then I got to thinking, what if I put the 15x8 on the front and got some 15x10s for the rear? After test fitting the 15x8 on front, I knew I had to make this happen.

While we had the 15x8 on front, we had to throw the 15x6 on the rear just to get the truck back on all four. Needless to say, I will NOT be running 15x6s on the rear!

I got some Wheel Vintiques series 62 15x10s to match the 15x8s I already have. The only problem with these wheels is they only come in one backspace, 4.5". With the wider '72 rear end, this puts the wheels right at the fender lip with no room for tire. I will just have to make these work but cutting up these brand new wheels and changing the backspace. I have done this on several of my previous builds so it doesn't bother me. My current thinking is to change them to 5" BS. I will see once I cut them apart and test fit. For now, here they are with the 4.5" BS.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote