Thread: Rowdy 57
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 10:45 AM   #68
dsraven

Re: Rowdy 57

looking great
going back to your paint spray gun, I was looking back through, I noticed you have a reg/guage next to your gun air connection. I used to do that too but found it reduces the air volume so, when you set the pressure you want, you get the set pressure for a short burst and the desired spray pattern and then the pressure drops due to air supply and the pattern changes. I researched a little on how the pro's do this and found they use a high flow quick connect, set the pressure like they want it with the regulator on the wall and a guage at the gun while holding the trigger full open, then remove the guage at the gun when they get it right. that way there is no surge of pressure on initial trigger touch or pressure drop after a second of trigger touch. they also say something about air line sizes for any long runs you may have from the wall reg to the gun
just thought I would mention that in case you plan to spray the paint yourself. a little orange peel may be ok for primer cuz youre gonna sand it anyway. it sucks for the final paint though.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote