View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 09:11 PM   #223
WorldsCrappiestTruck

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I had a chance to connect all the fuel lines and wiring on the tank. Nothing really special or custom here. The Corvette style filter/regulator is mounted inside the left framerail and I ran the fuel lines that came with the Tanks Inc. kit. These utilize the -6 AN push on fittings. They go on quite easily so my instincts say not to trust them, but they seem well made and I'm sure they wouldn't sell these fittings if they didn't work, right...? My wiring is basically just extensions on the fuel sender and fuel pump wires so they reach to the rear. Then I tied the two grounds together and bolted it onto the crossmember and made sure I had a solid ground connection to the negative battery cable. I added a plug on the fuel pump wires just in case I ever need to pull the pump out. Overall, I would say my installation is based mainly on function and not form. It doesn't look super clean like some builds with all the custom stainless lines, but nothing on this truck is really to that level. I'm trying to keep it similar to a factory style install. You may also notice the charcoal canister on the left. The tank vent will eventually be routed through this after it loops up above the filler neck that will be mounted behind the marker light. This is in an attempt to keep gas fumes down while the truck is parked in the garage.

On the other end of the truck, I have the gas line run and ready to connect. It uses a -6 AN to push on adapter to connect directly to the stock fuel rail.

At this point in the build, my garage has become quite the mess. I thought this would be a good time to roll the truck outside and clean up. The only remaining item to complete before I can start the truck is to make all my under dash wire connections. I could theoretically start the truck now, but all my wires are just temporarily connected from when I cranked the engine a few months ago. I'd rather have all the wiring in its final form before I try to start the truck. If things go according to plan, I should be able to start it this weekend. The results of that test will determine where my focus goes from there!

Looking at your build timeline, you went from the chrome universal CAI, to this new black setup. Care to share the details? Looking for a similar drivers-side-intake, and like the black and simplicity. 😎
WorldsCrappiestTruck is offline   Reply With Quote