View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 09:33 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rear Posi (is it worth the money)

Other than being cool to say you have one, they are well worth it for two purposes. If you use the truck regularly in all conditions on and off the road a posi is a great improvement to your truck's abilities. The second purpose is for hi-performance. You won't have a truly hi-performance truck, street or off road, until you install a limited slip or locker.

Just to drive and enjoy occasionally, I'd say it would be just a cool thing to say you have. So basically you'd be doing it for others, not yourself. I put LSDs or lockers in all my trucks, if they don't already have it, because I am about better function and utility when it comes to my trucks. foe my '67 2wd shortbed the posi is to go with the hi-performance 327 and Muncie M22. My '72 K2500 has the factory Trac-Lok for obvious reasons. I hope to hand-build from scratch a third truck for off road. That will have a No-Spin (Detroit Locker) rear and a Tru Trac front for optimum utility

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote