View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 05:04 PM   #1
joesscamaro

Tire Clearance Issue

I'm running into some front tire clearance issues and need some advice. In summary: '65 C10 on bags with cupped lower a-arms and a small c-notch in the rear. I have CPP 2 1/2" drop spindles (not modular) and have delmo speed inner fenders. The rear is fine...no issues there. In the pictures, you can see where the inner fender bolts to the actual fender (red arrows) and tell that I'm a good 1 1/2" - 2" off from clearing. The front wheels are 20x8 with 4 1/2" BS with a 255/40zr20 tire. If you're familiar with the delmo inner fenders and can see in the below picture, I feel like I can cut my fender back a little more and gain a little clearance there. I'm wondering if I need to try the modular drop spindles to try and pull the tires/wheels inboard some? Other than that, im out of ideas. I feel like these are commonly used parts together and should work without these kind of issues. Also, not sure if this adds to the equation but I'm running the 14" Revelator disc brake kit up front from Pro Performance. Any suggestions or ideas? Hopefully you can make sense of the pictures. Also, you can see how much wider the front track is compared to the rear.
joesscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote