Thread: 69 shop truck
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 12:04 PM   #15
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 69 shop truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Looking good Richard, nice to have color match sheet metal. I have a couple left over Rochester 2bbl carbs if decide to go that way.
Thanks Ed. The more I work with this 307 the more I think it might be a wiped cam and lifter so not sure how much further I will dive into it. My panel truck has a good 350 in it so I might end up swapping them around. As soon as my new oil & filter gets here I am going to drain the oil in the 307 and look for metal shavings then go from there. Will keep you in mind on the carb if it ends up being something simple. The carb on this 307 was loose as a goose and leaking so i pulled the one off of my Blazer 307. That motor has not been started in several years and there are several differences from 69 to the 72 carb, but I made it work good enough to get back running for now. I am guessing the gaskets are dried out on it bc it is starting to seep around all of the shafts.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote