View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 01:50 AM   #14
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Had a good day and got some stuff done. Knocked the welds off of spring pads and shock mounts to set pinion angle. Set pinion at 2 degrees less than the drive shaft. Pics of drive shafts also included. I had decided to use a CV on the rear shaft to increase the amount of time between service intervals. Running a bit more than the 3 degree working angle many believe is necessary None the less, I have no worries that shaft will have a long life. Had to clearance the front shaft CV a bit as it gets to over 30 degrees at full droop.
Also started install of the BDS Recoil traction bars I got for Christmas. Just got the bars as there is obviously no install kit for my situation. Did not really want to run this type of bar but I had to do something with the soft springs. My measurements show they will not limit travel and be easy on the springs. The torque arm setup with the shackle puts to much strain on the springs with my 15"+ of wheel travel. Have the frame mounts all cut and ready to weld up. Will see them next time.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote