View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 09:49 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rustoleum TURBO, spray bomb your truck ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
I have been using the Rust-oleum 2 in 1 automotive filler primer on the truck for the past few months. I can do a section at a time when I want. It takes a lot of cans but the result to my very inexperienced eye is good. The reason for cans over bulk and a gun is no clean up. I was told it can react if not fully cured but I don't have to worry about that given how slow I am going.
I stripped and spray bomb primed the cab, doors, and front clip on my /67 project at least 10 years ago. I'm considering priming and painting over that when the time comes and I have painter friend saying I'll be sorry. Why? Slow cure time. Well, is that a problem here? I want to sand it, and use the proper sand/seal primer for the paint I'd be using. I originally primed because I wanted to strip to bare to see what I had and be ahead on prep for "someday". I guess I figured I'd sand it off. But now I'm considering leaving the bodywork be and using Hot Rod Flatz Red Oxide paint just to get the truck assembled and on the road. I may never go further. If I can move forward with proper body work and nice paint it will only be that. But as it is, all that has been holding me up forever
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote