View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 08:01 AM   #482
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6672 View Post
Reminds me of a mistake I made that I won't repeat. I was hauling a motorcycle in the bed of my 91 C1500 and had it secured with ratchet straps, but I hadn't properly tied off the excess amount of the strap that I had left from securing the bike. I was driving down the road when I heard a loud "Pow" sound and the truck jumped up like I'd run over something. The excess strap had slipped down between the cab and the bed and wrapped around the drive shaft. It ripped the strap into while pulling down on the front panel of the bed. No aluminum here, it just put a slight depression in the top of the front panel.
Youch! I had one do that but it didn't bind. The straps was singed and glazed. Another time one went off the side and the rear tire ran over it. Same result as yours...POP!!. I stop and see a slight indentation on the bedside.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote