View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 08:23 AM   #4996
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Tim, having a '57 Chevy it pains me somewhat to see that poor Chevy just slowly dissolving back to the earth as it is. Look like the rear bumper and the tail light housings are decent from what one can tell in the pics. Too bad as reproduction '57 Chevy bumpers from what I've found leave a LOT to be desired to the reproduction offerings. Reproduction tail light housings also are not the best. Being diecast a lot of plating companies will not touch them for replating. I had both my original front and rear bumpers re-plated 4 years ago and back then it was $1,500 for the pair, nice but not Barrett/Jackson quality. Hate to think what it would be now with how things have gone bat***t crazy with prices now days.
They sure have! I don't know the story on why they are there like that. There's two. I knew the junkyard owner for many years, but he has passed on. I can see them without leaves on the trees and bushes and I always thought they were buried. I finally stopped and trapsed through the overgrowth to get the first two pictures. The third was from the road...duh . I think he had them set aside. I believe they are complete cars. The one you can see best is yellow, so I'm wondering if it was a taxi or maybe a drag car. Bucky was a motorhead racer type of guy. I want to talk to the son to see what he knows. There's another complete vehicle there I've been curious about for years, ever since I saw it hauled in. The whole yard has been cleared of vehicles, save only a few

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote